Bryson energy is launching a scheme to set up 27 oil clubs. This brand new initiative will run for 3 years and will help almost 5,000 homes achieve cheaper oil prices.
The cheapest way to buy oil is in bulk deliveries, such as 900 litres, because smaller quantities of oil cost more per litre for delivery. Although oil prices are the lowest they have been in four years, some households are still finding it difficult to budget for large one-off bulk deliveries of oil and may have no option but to buy smaller, more expensive quantities.
There is a way to get around this by joining a local oil buying club. They are designed to help consumers reduce their costs by purchasing their oil orders in bulk as part of a group. By combining orders, club members can negotiate a lower price per litre than by ordering alone.
The Housing Executive has appointed Bryson Energy to establish a network of 27 oil buying clubs across Northern Ireland. Groups interested in setting up an oil buying club should contact Bryson Energy Advice Line on (Freephone) 0800 142 2865 or via e-mail at email@example.com or visit the Bryson Energy website www.brysonenergy.org
Bryson Energy is looking for community organisations/groups/clubs etc. to contact them so they can help them formally set up and establish oil clubs.Benefits of an Oil Buying Club
- It is free to set up and free to join
- Available for all household tenures i.e. homeowners, private rented, Housing Association rented, NIHE rented.
- Saves money - members benefit from a reduction in the price per litre.
- Everyone gets the oil at the same price per litre regardless of the size of their order (minimum order 200 litres).
- Helps build a sense of community spirit.
- Reduction in CO2 emissions - fewer deliveries reduces the number of tanker journeys – safer for the community and better for the environment.
- Avoid buying small, expensive ‘emergency 20 litre oil drums’ which cost significantly more per litre than an oil distributor might charge.